Monday, June 8, 2015

More from the Genesee Valley Quilt Show

The show is over but the rave reviews keep coming in!


This was the huge gift gallery....always a fun place to shop where members can make q little bit of money and the club can benefit with a small percentage also.

The club issued a challenge exhibit, headed up by Val Schultz and Julie Brandon called "my Corner of the Universe". The idea was to show our place in the universe or what makes it our happy place.  The winner was Elaine Ross (yes that's me) with her quilt called "My Corner of the Sky" depicting looking up thru the trees to the sky,  I picked this as I love to be outside in nature and because my favorite song of the musical "Pippin" is called "My Corner of the Sky".  


There were over 700 quilts, so obviously something to please everyone,   

The Best of Show was won by Vickie Coykendahl with her exquisitely machine quilted masterpiece called Feathers Galore.


It's hard to see the machine quilting here, but it was outstanding,

The winner of the raffle quilt was Sally Hersberg, a long time club member.

Iron quilter winners were Sarah Terry, Beth Brandkamp and Mary Weiser,   (Sorry I don't have pics of those finished creations)




No comments:

Post a Comment